Sunday, January 10, 2010

Team Bike!




I called on the phone to make me a query,
I checked my email from noon to ten-thirty
I paced and I shook and I twitched, what a sight
And tried to be patient, to wait for my bike

On friday, a day that I woke all damn sick,
I drove up to millcreek to pick it up quick
"You worked here before, assemble yourself"
So I jumped with glee, a mechanical elf

I opened the box and to my surprise
A bike with white and red candy cane lines
Christmas had passed, but seemed to come twice
I know Santa had thought I could hardly be nice

The team bike sparkled and I asked it her name
She said it was Claire and at once I came
So I hopped aboard and we rode to the moon
And she slept in my bed, together we spooned

Today we woke early to go for a ride
Despite treacherous cold and the snow outside
We rode up trappers loop, we gracefully climbed
again and again for about seven times...

Then I was tired and she started to groan
"But Claire I'm exhausted and want to go home"
"I guess its alright," she calmly replied,
"As long as you never ride me inside"

...And, that's the story of how i got my team bike. Apparently, I'm never allowed to ride it on rollers in the basement or it will kill me while I'm descending.






No comments:

Post a Comment