Sunday, January 24, 2010

28hrs45min

Twenty-eight hours and 45 minutes: The longest week I have done on a bike to date. I set out today to complete another century and came close. In the end, I was barely able to pedal up 4800 south. It felt like somebody had thrown a monkey wrench into the gears that used to churn my legs and I was spent.

I'm really thankful for everybody's support. I was riding the trainer all afternoon on saturday (11am-5pm), and Anthony came into my room around 2:30 with a cup of coffee. He asked how long I would be riding, so I told him until five. He came back in at 4:30 to tell me I only had thirty minutes left. Then he said, "you're the fastest in the world. It would be cool if you raced and beat Lance Armstrong and you were like... ha ha. Wouldn't that be funny?" My little brother really looks up to me and I can't understand why sometimes but I think it's really rad having a fan.

I'm really trying to find a level of fitness that I haven't had before. I owe it to so many people. I want to represent my team well. I want to be successful and when I don't have the legs; I want to help my teammates be successful. I'm surrounded by good people and I want to give something back. I really appreciate Mike Hanseen and the Millcreek Bicycles Crew. I'm pretty blessed to have been able to spend two years working with such awesome people.

The next week is a rest/recovery week. I'm planning on spending some time with my long-lost friends and getting very acquainted with photoshop. Maybe I'll take Anthony on a ride along the Parkway.


No comments:

Post a Comment