Thursday, March 18, 2010

Happy Squirrel

Things are definitely looking upwards for me right now. I got a call back from Canyon Sports in Riverdale for an interview on Monday. School is going really well. I also got my first real-world illustrator work. As low-key as it is, I like to think its portfolio worthy. I got out this morning and got a leg-breaking day of climbing under my belt. I really need to put In those 8,000-9,000 ft days otherwise I’m going to get shelled like a bitch at the Gila.

Tour del sol was a huge eye-opener. I shouldn’t have allowed myself to get gapped on that first major climb. The headwind at the top was enough to decide the race. I eventually bridged up to the break-away with the help of Aaron and Jesse, but it took a lot of work (all of us got dropped on or after Utah Hill). I’m excited to put in the time and work required to be a pro. I’m seeing the training reflect positively and even though I was tired last weekend, I was able to climb into the top ten. A little tweaking on my diet and ensuring that I sleep enough will eventually pay out ten-fold.

No comments:

Post a Comment