Friday, February 26, 2010

Callville Day #2

It looks like rain is on the menu for tomorrow's road race. A section of the course has recently undergone some construction so we'll be riding on packed dirt. I read that there are neutral wheels but, considering how organized this race has been, I can't really count on it.

Today we had the time trial. It was a sub-ten minute hillclimb. I was advised to leave the time trial bike at home but I think it would have been better for the course. It was hilly, but not too steep.

Ben Day won the stage with a sub-nine minute time. Phil Zajicek was second. Floyd Landis took 7th. Ben had an awesome ride today finishing 11th. Norm got 20th and I finished 29th. I wasn't feeling it today. When I get back, I'm climbing the fuck out of the divide—and dieting. It's the end of February, so I'm stoked to be doing as well as I am.

We got really gipped at the last hotel so we vacated and relocated to a nicer/cheaper place on Las Vegas Blvd. The internet is free here. I'm happy.

I'm looking forward to the road race tomorrow. The plan is to shadow Floyd Landis, Ben Day & Co. during the race.

No comments:

Post a Comment