Thursday, February 25, 2010

Callville Bay #1





Picked up our new kits on the way out of Salt Lake last night. They look sick!

The drive down was a little intense. I don’t know, 80+ mph in a snowstorm makes me nervous. But, then again, I may just be a Nancy. I don’t know what the distraction was but somehow we almost drove off the side of the road.

We checked into Dixie Palm Springs Hotel around eleven. That room was colder than a witch’s tit. I couldn’t sleep to save my ass.

After a pretty restless night, we left the hotel at ~6:30a.m. Stopped at McDonalds so Ben could get a quality meal in on the road. Mc Coffee is fucking terrible. I believe that it was brewed with clown piss.

We found our way around today without a map. That had me terribly on edge. I guess i have control issues.

I can't lie, today i felt pretty good on the hills with 6,000 feet of climbing for 50 miles and an average speed of about 25mph. I finished in the first chase group. I think Floyd Landis was in the break today.

Have you ever been convinced that you had a flat tire and stopped to check it—only to realize that it wasn't flat? I did that today. I raised my hand and everything. WTF? I felt retarded and spent some unnecessary energy chasing back on. Despite everything, I was able to finish in the group with Burke, Chase and Brad Gherig.


Shout out:
Some retarded Mexican rider from the Helen's team caused a crash bickering with some other rider like an adolescent prick. I saw physical contact then the dude crashed right in front of me. It really put a damper on Ben's race. Props to anybody that beats that guy up!

No comments:

Post a Comment