Monday, December 21, 2009

2009

2009 was a decent season. I wanted to do more; accomplish some amazing things, but never did. I blame it all on myself. I pissed away the winter last year, got caught up in a shitty relationship with a manipulative narcissist, jumped into a job that I knew would require more effort and more attendance than a bike racer can afford, and I continuously fell victim to my negative self-talk.

2009 was a good year, don't get me wrong. I learned a lot about racing. I learned how to be a good teammate (I hope), and spent a week in May speaking with a russian accent. I learned that i can sleep anywhere during a race: on the side of the road, in a van, on a cot next to the river, on a cot next to a pile of animal bones, and that you shouldn't take a nap on a sidewalk in Bend because you will be harassed by a cop that thinks you're homeless.

I got to be a part of a team with a good group of people. I gained some confidence. I lived in the woods for a while, like a mountain man.

2010 will be here in a little more than one week and I can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment